Monday, April 2, 2007

Yesterday was awesome

Yesterday I got to go do something new and different. I went and saw that statute of the kiss in time square. While we were in San Diego I also got to see the uss Midway. Boats are not my thing, but it was nice to see this old battle ship restored.

Today I went down to base with Manny since he had to have a stress test done. Then after that we went and had lunch with Rusty.

Jolynn went home yesterday and must say that we had a blast just hanging out together. I am such a better person person for getting to know her.

Today I found out that Camp Pendleton has a wounded warrior center. I just assumed that the injured marines would stay at one of the bigger hospitals in San Diego. Anyway, I need to stop in there. I think that this could be an opportunity for me to make some quilts for injured marines.

My mother is on my last nerve! My daughter said mom you have a phone call and little a stupid person I answered it without finding out who it was. I kicked my self for that one. Anyway, my mom wanted me to send the children out a few days before June 30. June 30 is when my sister is getting married. Like I fucking care. Just last month my mom told me not to send the children out before July 5 because that is when she will be on vacation. anyway, it just amazes me how much mom can change her mind when it involves my sister.

I need to go back to my happy place. O.K. I am there now. I think tomorrow I am going to take the children down to the beach. I know that it is not an exciting spring break, but at least we will be out of the house.

O.K. I am off to go take a nap. for some reason I am just really wiped out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))I hope you have a better day tommrow.Get some rest.

Anonymous said...

wow your mom sounds very much like mine was but its too long to get into that. Paula

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your mom.  I live a long way away from mine.  And there is good reason!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I loved all the photos...very nice.
Sorrty about your Mom....hope the rest of the week is better...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli
what an awesome huge statue!
I'm so glad that you guys say it and that place for wounded veterans.
How very kind hearted of you to want to amke quilts for wounded veterans.
Kelli you are sucha wonderful person!
Will you be Matron of Honor or somethingat the wedding?Will the girls be dressed like the brides maids in special dresses?Are you excited about it?
I'm so sorry that your Mom keeps changing her mind about when the kdis should come.
love you,nat