Friday, April 20, 2007

trying to stay positive

 

Well it is actually raining here! I am not happy this time because now Amber is very discouraged.

We got up early and got everything set up and we were watching the clouds roll by, so I said  well it looks like the storm will blow over. Oh no I was wrong!

I am trying to stay positive, by saying things like, well you did make $30 even with the rain and that is more then you had when you woke up this morning. It is so did not making her feel any better. Then I said well we can put everything back and gather some more stuff for an even bigger yard sale next Saturday. That did not make her feel any better either. Well I have tried.

A lady came to the yard sale today and asked me if we still had the old sewing machine from our last yard sale. I told her no, but that I did have one in the house that I was thinking about selling. I brought her in and she looked at my old pump sewing machine. She asked me how much I wanted for it and I told her $100. She then offered me $80. I took it. That will give me some extra money for Nikki's birthday and to go buy Amber a nice necklace and some earing for prom. SHHH do not tell Rusty or the children what I have done. Rusty will say but Kelli you wanted that machine for so long. Yes that is true, but it is just material possesion, and they would just sell it when I die anyway.

Well I just got a good laugh. The two black cats were getting a drink of water. The baby splashed Miss Cleo so Miss Cleo hit him back and she ended up pushing the babies face into the water! I swear I should have a video camera set up and charge people to watch us!

I think I am going to go buy Amber some lunch. Maybe that will make her feel a little better.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

MARVELOUS-SIMPLY MARVELOUS

Anonymous said...

aww bless her heart....if you send me your address i would like to contribute .... i am serious...
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I am wishing you Sunshine! I know things will turn around for her. A bigger garage sale sounds like a winner!
Take care and God Bless.
Tia

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope the sun comes out for you. Ive got loads of things I need to sell but never get around to it. Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Good luck and lots of sunshine to your daughter. I had a portable sewing machine installed into one of the old treddle machines. One day out of the clear blue sky I decided to sell it and did. Now I have an excuse to not sew. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

Poor Amber!  Maybe she can try again next week.  Don't you live in So. Cal?  Home of the perfect days?
The cats sound hilarious!
Traci

Anonymous said...

that was always my luck too

Anonymous said...

Kelli, hope you get some sun, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))I am sorry Amber didnt have such a good day with it raining.I hope She will have an ever better and bigger yard sale next week.When is She leaving and I forgot were She was going?we had a few days stright of rain and now it is sunny and bright.Have a good weekend.Sending sunshine your way.

Anonymous said...

poor amber, I am sure you can have another go when the weather is a bit better. Hope you have a lovely weekend................Jules xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

So sorry it had to rain!!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Kelli! I am so sorry, but I am hopeful that your luck will totllay change.
I know that you love using that sewing machine thought o make your quilts. You inpsired me to make some whimsical small quilts too by hand...
love,nat