Sunday, April 22, 2007

friendships

 

"Military friendships come and go; the military is a fertile breeding ground for fleeting relationships"

I was flipping through the Marine Corps times this weekend and I saw an article about friends and the military, and I just loved that quote.

It is so true. Many times I have made friends and many times they have fizzled out after one of us left.

I am at a point in my life where we are very stable and we will not be moving anytime soon. Now our friends come up here and hang out.

However, when you have friends that are in the military you will always know that someday they will leave. That does not stop my heart from loving them. I go on. Every time I see them I smile and welcome them home.

One day, I know these young men and women will leave and go to new duty stations or get out of the service and go on to bigger and better things. I never like to see them leave. I never want to say good bye, but I know that it is part of life.

I do know that I am a better person because I have met these people. And I know that each one of them has shaped me and is making me into a bigger and better person.

I do not know why I was chosen to be the safe house for all the marines, but I do know that this job is a doubled edge sword. For whatever reason unknown to me I am here, and I know this what I am suppose to be doing. I also know that someday every will come back to me. It may be at my funeral, but I would be so honored to be surrounded by the marines that I have loved.

I was told today that Rusty and I are rich. I told this young man that were not rich, but we are doing what we love, and what we are doing the right thing. My pantry is never empty, and the bills are paid. I know that we never run out of anything because the more you give the more you will get back.

I just know that I am the luckiest women in the world,And for that I will forever be grateful.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are many things that come into our lives for a season......sometimes friends are one of them.  I don't know you personally but I have read your journal enough to know that you have to be blessed.  You are good friends and good parents.













Anonymous said...

Kelli, what a beautiful entry, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))I belive this was a calling for you to,God gave this to you.Ypu are a blessing!!!

Anonymous said...

What at great gratitude post!  You should have told him that you are rich, just not the way he was thinking!
Traci

Anonymous said...

der Kelli what a wonderful, inspiring entry!
you write so beautifully! the graphics are great too! you inpsire so many of us! thanks for doing so much great work! I am sure that those Marines feel really proud ot ahve you guysas their good friends!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Yes you are very rich in friendship! :o) I think thats the best "rich" anyone could ever be! :o) No amount of money in the world could ever buy that! :o) You are truly blessed! ;o)
LIsa

Anonymous said...

I am very glad these marines have a safe house like yours to come to.  You are doing such a good thing.  Since Dan was in the navy he keeps in contact with a number of navy buddies, guys from all over the country. They call each other, e-mail, and he flew back to one of their weddings, and one flew here for the premiere of his movie.  Boy, did they ever have a good time!   Gerry

Anonymous said...

friendship is about the most precious thing in the world and anybody who posseses it is truly rich............Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

I loved this entry...what a special person you truly are...many hugs,
Joyce