Saturday, April 7, 2007

good things happen

Just a quick note about something awesome that happened today. Nikki went and passed out her flyers in hopes of getting more stuff for her yard sale. Well she only got one phone call back today. This gentlemen called me and here is the conversation:

gentlemen: I am calling because Maureen (aka Nikki) dropped off a flyer at my house today.

me: O.K. what is your address. The gentlemen gives me his address

gentlemen: where is she going on her mission trip?

me: Nikki will be going back to Nicaragua this last. This will be the last year that the missionaries will be allowed down there since the communist party will be taking control this summer.

gentlemen: Our church does not send the youth on mission trips, but we do support missionaries. I hope that our stuff will help your daughter earn some of the money that she needs.

me: I am sure it will. Remember that the people that are praying and donating to her are just as important as the people going on the trip.

gentlemen: the stuff is stacked by the garage door, so come by anytime and get it.

me: we will do that.

I called Rusty and asked him to swing by this place since he was already out.

When they got home Nikki said "Mom not only did this guy give me some stuff, but he said that he spoke with you and that he went and prayed. Then he gave me some money and said this was all he could afford to give. He gave me $50!"

All I can say is ask and you shall receive.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli, that is awesome !!!!!!!! Happy Easter to you and your family, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))))I am so happy for Niki,that is a blessing from GOd!!!


http://journals.aol.com/hugsdoodlewacky/Mandy/









Anonymous said...

Coolness!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Nikki must be a very nice person. I pray she has a successful trip. Paula

Anonymous said...

Great Reminder! I'm asking...
*hugs*
heather
btw, my sister in law, mother of my beautiful red-haired princesses is going on mission trip to Kenya this summer...

Anonymous said...

how wonderful, waht a sweet gentleman.

Anonymous said...

What a kind man. Good luck to Nikki and her trip xx Louise

Anonymous said...

that's a nice easter story..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Amen! :o) What a blessing and very true!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow!  What a nice man.  I'm sure it made him feel good to be able to help.
Lori

Anonymous said...

How do you get the pics in your journal??
               Sheila

Anonymous said...

beautiful entry Kelli! where does she go again? how long? and what will she do/
love and hugs.nat