Friday, April 27, 2007

welcome Queen Nefertiti

Well yesterday I rescued another cat. I named her queen Nefertiti. I figured I would keep with the queen theme. So we are calling her Neffi. Neffi just got done nursing a litter of kittens and she is so very skinny! Yesterday Neffi did nothing but eat. Poor girl. Once she puts some weight on I am going to take her in and get her fixed. Read my side bar and you will know why.

Anyway Neffi is doing fine with the other cats and with Rascle, but she does not like Butter. Life moves on.

Well yesterday I got the back room cleaned up and Amber helped me. Since Jake sleeps back there on the weekends I guess you could say that we cleaned his room. Either way it needed to be done.

I finally went through all of my boxes of material and have condensed them down to four small crates total, and they are now neatly stored on shelves out in the garage.

Now on to Rusty's stuff. He has about six large crates that he really needs to go through. I do not want to hassle him, but at some point he is going to have to go through them. All of the crates came from his moms house so I think he is just hoping that he will not have to go through them.

I did get up the courage yesterday to go through the one box of my dads stuff. I threw most of it away. I kept a book that I bought for him and I am going to ask Rusty to put it in the safe for me. I guess time is healing me a little bit. It has not been a year since my dad has passed away, but I was able to go through that box and just pitch a lot of it.

Today I am going to put three small pork roast in the crock pot. One I am going to slice open and stuff it with apples and a little bit of brown sugar. The other two I am cooking up, so that I can pull them apart and cover it bbq sauce. BBQ pork sandwiches sound really good right now, but I will save that for a busy day dinner.

Amber is going to have a busy day tomorrow. She has the yard sale and then she has to go get her hair done, and get ready for prom. I did tell Amber that I would work most of the yard sale for her so that she can go take a nap. I can't wait to see Amber all dressed up!

Here is a tip for you. If you are going to try to play music on your computer.... make sure your speakers are on! Yes I just sat here and tried to figured out why I could not hear the music!

O.K. it is time to go get dressed and to get dinner started.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new cat. Mmmmm the pork sounds nice. Nice photos....funny how bottoms always creep in!! Louise xx

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSOYOU))))))))))))))))You are so funny taking pics of,you know the bad word,I try not to cuss.LOL.I am not a goodie tissue.LOL.If I get mad,I do cuss in my head.LOL.So,you found another cat,good for you,She is skinny.Needs to eat.what about the Bob Cat?When I was younger I always thought of owing alot of anaimals,living on a farm.But,I am a city girl.LOL.at one point when we all was little,this house was a farm,we had a horse name Tuckaholady,theres a story behind that,will tell it in my journal sometime.We had tons of cats,dogs,chickens,rabits,you name it we had it.But no cows.LOL.Now,we dont have anything.LOL.I kinda miss having a pet thoe.I know Amber will have a great time at Her prom.I dont think anyone should miss there prom.That is nice you helping out.You are a good Mom.Thank you for always commening on my journal.Have a nice weekend.


Anonymous said...

By the way,She is a pretty cat and I loved the pics.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cat.  Definately a keeper!

Anonymous said...

whata cool cat Kelli!
Hey youare in my thoughts with your grieving for your dad...sigh..that is definately hard..I have issues with those things too..ever notice how all fo teh sudden you will remember soethng your dad taught you? or you will remember a party tht hewas at with you and siblings?
love,hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

The pork really sounds so good! :o) I'm glad you rescued another cat as well. :o) She'll soon like Butter. ;o) Hopefully! :o) lol...I don't know how many times I've done that with the sound! I'll keep it down for my grandson, and then for me I forget to turn it up! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Awww you are such a nice person. You take in everything boys, marines, cats, dogs. Do you take in senior citizens? I love that cat graphic. Paula

Anonymous said...

Kelli, your new kitty is beautiful !!!!!!!!! Have a great weekend, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful cat!  Can't wait to see what she looks like when she gains weight!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Not a cat lover myself but am happy for you..that cat graphic is gorgeous!
lyn

Anonymous said...

Ilike the name for the kitty.  It's not a bobcat is it?!  BBQ pork sandwiches sound great!  Traci

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a sweety of a kitty...so cute...love the name...it fits.  The meal made my mouth water...I bet it was yummy...make it a good week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh that kitty graphic is so cute  I love it.  My daughter and I once got into a mess with a manx mother stray cat who was not fixed.  She had kittens and the kittens had kittens.  All these cats were interesting to watch, but I told my daughter never again would we not get  a cat like Gray Bob Lady fixed.  We were able to get rid of most of the kittens because they were stubbies and no tails, but the smartest one was called long tail.  She took over her sister Stubby Tail's kittens because she obviously did not think her sister was smart enough  Stubby would move them and Long Tail would move them back and let them nurse her, even though she was skinny from nursing her own!  They reminded me so much of sisters I knew well, I was fascinated.  And we finally had to move and leave the bunch of them.  We should have been put in animal abuser's jail. The poor tend not to get their pets taken care of if it costs them money.  That was a mess.   Gerry