Monday, April 30, 2007

planting is done

I have gotten all of my planting done! I so hope that the pumpkins do well. Last year the pumpkins were so darn expensive, and that is why I was hoping to grow some this year.

The first year we lived in this house I planted sun flowers and they were so big and beautiful. Last summer I did not plant any. people from the neighbor hood would upset with me. Now keep in mind, I only know three people in our neighbor hood. But if people saw me out in the yard they would stop and ask what happened to the sunflower. So they can't complain this year.

Oh some of my rose bushes are blooming! I am so happy about that.

I just got off the phone with tour group that Amber is going with. I asked them if they would please send us a payment book. The lady said that they do not do that. They send out a coupon for the first payment and then after that we will get a another bill for the remaining balance which is due next march. What? I was so hoping to teach Amber about paying a monthly bill and keeping track of everything. I will need to re group and think about how we are going to do this. Amber still has her chart on the wall to help her keep track,...... they just can't make it easy on us can they?

Last week Jake had requested a dish called cheesy chicken. I was so not in the mood to cook, so I made Jake make it! I sat my lazy butt on the bar stool and walked him through it. Jake even made rice crispy treats!

Chris went to do some errands with me yesterday. One of the stops was joann fabrics. While I was looking for trim for Dustins quilt, Chris started picking out material for his! These guys are such big babies.

I still have a few things to do before the children get home from school, so I am off to hopefully get some stuff done.

Note to self: never expect anything to be to easy.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right.  Never expect anything to be easy.  I did smile at that wise remark.  If your sunflowers are as pretty as those in this bouquet you will surely brighten up the neighborhood.  I loved the flower growers in our hometown. Their yards would be a magnet attracting viewers all summer long.  They are still pointing out the beautiful flower garden of a woman up in her 90's still planting and growing (with some help from son I am sure)  Gerry  

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to get outside and play in the dirt today!  I hope everything comes up well, especially those pumpkins!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli ~ Maybe you could make your own coupon books for your daughter, with some kind of consequence if payment isn't made on time and stick to it!  I love sunflowers, too.  A few years ago a farmer around here decided not to plant corn but to plant sunflowers instead.  Acres and acres of sunflowers!  It was just too beautiful to describe!  Thank you for bringing that memory back for me.

Love, Diane  :)

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))I hope you can find somehting to help Amber learn how to handel money.Your a good Mom.I would love to see the pics of your flowers.HHave a goos evening.

Anonymous said...

Kelli, glad you got your planting done, cool about Jake cooking, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I think that the note to self is a note to everyone!  Nothing is every as easy as I think it will be.  
Traci

Anonymous said...

It's a good feeling to get planting done...I know the feeling oh so well.  Love sunflowers...the colors just pop out at you.  Wow, roses in bloom...ours are growing but no blooms yet...
I agree with you about payment books..a good way to teach our young about life and bills.  Yum, Cheesy Chicken sounds good to me..
Sounds like you've had a busy day...hope your Tuesday is the best...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli!  My name is Penny and I came here via Elizabeth's journal.  When I got here I saw that we have much in common (except the age).  I am the sober wife of a Disabled American Veteran - Viet Nam - we are proud to be Americans.  I love what I have read so far, Kelli.  So . . . did you plant Sunflowers as well?  I love them.  Amber might do well to take a good disciplship training before spending a year in the field if she hasn't already done so.  YWAM has a great one. So sorry that I am taking so much space.  You are on my list now.  May the Lord richly bless you, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere
http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

Plant those sunflowers! :o) And it's good for someone else to cook for you...you're not lazy by all means! You're always busy woman!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli
is it easy to start sunflowers? I eman if you put them ina pot wiht some mushy stuff ill they grow?
I did not understand that other problem. Is it about the airfare for the mission/
love,nat