Saturday, April 7, 2007

free is good

Our weather has just taken a turn for the cold. I was sitting here just being cold, so I got up and looked at the thermostat and it was 70 degrees in the house, I turned that furnace on! Where has all of our sunshine gone?

Anyway, I was looking on line at some mp3 players because I was thinking about getting one for Nikki for her birthday. Can you believe that I found one for free! Three cheers for me. So I am going to have Rusty take a look at it when he gets home.

I was just pulling the banana bread out of the oven yesterday when Jake and his room mate walked in the door. They were like what smells so good? I swear these boys can smell food a mile away.

Last night all of us adults went out to drink and sing. It was a good time and I really enjoyed spending time with some of the new marines that wondered into our house. Someone at the bar was buying rounds for all of the marines, so they were happy to not have to spend any money.

There is not to much going on today. I have no desire to leave the house, so I have sent everyone off on their missions. Jake was sent to buy Ryan some new running shoes. Chris was sent to take Nikki around to pass out flyers, Rusty was sent to get a new filing cabinet, and the new guy Miles got up early and took Amber paint balling. Right now the house is empty and still. I shall enjoy these moments since I know they won't last.

Tomorrow I am making a ham for Easter/Christmas. Christmas since most of the guys were in Iraq last year. I figured I would kill two birds with one stone!

I do hope that everyone has a nice Easter weekend. Oh I am starting to warm up since the heater has kicked on.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Free is always good. Its nice and sunny over here in Suffolk. Enjoy your Ham and Happy Easter xx Louise

Anonymous said...

Like your Maxine cartoon. Sounds as if you got them all hopping. Thats good so you can have a minute to reflect. Its cold here inSouth Texas too and we don't know how to deal with that especially on Easter. Paula

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))))))Good for you,I cant belive you find something for free,I hope that works out for you.It is cold here,very windy to,can you belive it snowed last night as well.But it melted away.Good thing.Have a Happy Easter Blessing.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you too, Kelli!
You've been such a loyal friend to me this week and I really appreciate it. I can't tell you how much it means to me...
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

I would have loved a quiet house today.  I ended up covered up in girls today!  I don't mind.  I know it is temporary!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Dropping by to say Hello!   Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure everyone will enjoy there easter/christmas dinner. Sounds like you had a good time. You know the weather here in IL. has been winter for a week now. I want spring back.

Anonymous said...

You're such a wonderful person! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

So did everyone enjoy the banana bread?
Lori

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't beleive how many people you feed and look after! so how is the quilt going?
love,natalie